Web Design Portfolio
For a gallery of website designs in a variety of platforms, click here.
Guardian BP, with headquarters in the Upstate SC area, is a nationally-based manufacturer and distributor of many types of building products. We worked with Guardian BP on another website that launched in 2009 (www.insulate123.com). When they were ready to develop a marketing site for a new line of manufactured decking products, they contacted us. We provided not only original designs and a custom, hand-coded CMS template, but we also developed new content for the site and helped them structure their digital marketing strategy to fit their unique distribution networks.
Surface Treatment Technologies is a manufacturing and distribution company that specializes in unique, patented formulas for stone care products. They have developed a new line of eco-friendly products that provide anti-microbial protection for granite and marble countertops and other stone surfaces. Their distribuor network covers the entire United States, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean.
Located in Spartanburg SC, B&D Family Jewelers, is a full-service jewelry firm that serves not only the Upstate region of SC but also the Southeast and border state area ranging from Ohio to Kentucky and West Virginia where they frequently travel to display their unique custom jewelry. They contacted Concerto Designs in October 2009 while they were still paying a large monthly fee to one of the phone companies for a badly designed, insecure, and under-performing website. We put together a proposal for an original design, content development, CMS platform and SEO campaign for less than half of their annual website costs they were currently paying.
Architectural Glass Construction was the first company to offer glass enclosure products in Upstate South Carolina. Since then, they have expanded their company to a wide range of services and products for residential and commercial glass and screen installations throughout South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, and beyond to states like Missouri.
This new project began with an extensive analysis of the client's SEM goals. While her prior site ranked high for "salon south carolina" and associated short string searches, it ranked poorly on other, commonly-used search engine keyword queries. We identified weaknesses in the content as well as structural issues in her current site. Our first step was to develop new, keyword-rich content that would not only give the salon leverage in organic SEO, but also help drive more sales of beauty products.
This project began with an original design for an e-commerce website using the X-Cart platform with a data connection to the client's Microsoft Dynamics RMS database. After this e-commerce project was cancelled, we used the same design to create a custom CMS template using the Joomla! platform. We also provided extensive site optimization services including content development based on extensive competitor and keyword research. As a result, traffic to the new website increased over 300% over the first three monthds.
We developed this custom web design and hand-coded Joomla template for a book reivew blog that specializes in religious and spiritual books. Using the K2 Content Creation Kit (CCK), we set up a blog-type of content presentation that is ideally suited for writing and cataloging book reviews by type and/or author. We also used our own photography of the North Shore for the rotating images in the banner.
Web Design @ Minneapolis
There is tremendous opportunity for web design and development in the Twin Cities (Minneapolis - St. Paul) - and tremendous competition as well. The Twin Cities are amajor hub for web design firms of all types and sizes, from the very large (Digital River) to medium (August Ash) to small (well - Concerto Designs, for one!), from enterprise solutions to heavy Flash development (e.g. Sierra Bravo) and everything in between.
Concerto Designs has thrived in this environment because we offer a focused, efficient approach to providing a unique product model.
Let's start with our product: although we have experience building web sites in a wide range of platforms, ( Drupal, Wordpress, Magento, X-Cart, DNN, and others), we focus above all on providing complete, turnkey solutions using our optimized configurations of the Joomla CMS platform. By turnkey solutions, we mean everything necessary for a well-functioning, optimized, beautifully designed, hand-coded and content-rich web site. We stress content because we know that content is the most valuable - and challenging - asset in developing an effective digital presence.
We also offer flexible development plans that streamline production and costs.
For some businesses, this means a website that features daily specials, product updates, or e-commerce, for others it might involve downloadable brochures, email campaigns with newsletters, blogs, bulletin boards to handle FAQs, or other dynamic content options. However you put your website to work, Joomla CMS allows you complete flexibility and control so that your website and your business grow together. By providing the web solutions that make the most sense for your company, we keep your costs down and your marketing focused. And with Joomla, you can always add new components later.
Content to Marketing: Joomla Helps You to Connect the Dots
Your web design gives your business a face – your content gives your business a voice.
And the best platform for shaping and broadcasting that voice is Joomla.
Well-written content that is crafted and published with Joomla's outstanding editorial tools lets your business and organizational goals come in loud and clear through search engines and social media. Our Joomla’s CMS (Content Management System) web sites provide multiple tools to manage all aspects of content development, publication, and optimization.
After years of developing Joomla sites for clients in the Twin Cities (Minneapolis and St. Paul, MN), South Carolina, and across the country, we have selected an array of extensions and tools that give your site the competitive edge it needs, including:
1. The JCE (Joomla Content Editor) lets you style content, spell-check, insert images, add links, embed pdfs and other attachments, add captions, and much more. No knowledge of html or coding is required at all. The full-featured editor panel lets you perform all editorial tasks easily and efficiently. Images can added directly into content from your desktop or laptop computer.
2. The K2 Content Creation Kit (CCK) brings in the best features of other platforms like Wordpress and Drupal into Joomla, including full-featured blogging capabilities, layout options that can be changed on the fly or varied from page to page, tagging, and extra fields that allow you to add customized maps, contact info, spreadsheet data, and much more.
3. Joomla’s flexible system of modules (typically used in side columns, dialogue boxes, text boxes, header, footers) provide visually rich, flexible snippets that broaden the scope of your messaging.
4. Joomla's built-in SEO (Search Engine Optimization) features allow you to manage search engine-friendly urls, page titles, metadata, and other structural elements critical to short- and long-term SEO campaigns. By responding quickly and efficiently to shifting visitor traffic and keyword patterns, you can propel your site's page ranking without having to pay expensive SEO consultants.
5. Frequently updated content scores better with search engines - and with repeat visitors. Joomla makes updating and adding content as easy as editing a word document. You choose how often to update modules, add new pages, blogs, specials, or news items. That’s good for search engine visibility, good for visitors and good for business.
Joomla makes managing content simple. With these tools you shape access and create trigger points for visitors to find your site’s most important information.
Before your site launches, we make sure you understand and can use all these Joomla tools.
- Circadian Light Home Page Circadian Light Home Page
- Circadian Light Form Popup Circadian Light Form Popup
- Circadian Light Video Circadian Light Video
- Circadian Light Products page Circadian Light Products page
- Circadian Home Page Circadian Home Page
- Circadian Light Accordian Panels and Tooltips Circadian Light Accordian Panels and Tooltips
- Circadian Google Ads Landing Page Circadian Google Ads Landing Page