A well-built Joomla CMS (Content Management System) web design not only gives you access to and complete control over your site's content and images, it's also a powerful tool for marketing and growth.
- You control your Joomla website - no exceptions & no webmaster needed!
- Effective, easy to use Joomla SEO tools grow with your company.
- Joomla delivers user friendly Internal linking and strong navigation.
- Tags, tagging and tag clouds for unbeatable SEO and control.
- With Joomla, lots of blogging options mean flexible, cutting edge marketing.
- Social Media - Joomla connects you with it all.
- Joomla site Maps - technical and necessary, read more!
One of my clients uses FeedGator, a wonderful rss feed component for her large Joomla 2.5 site. Using FeedGaror's integration with K2, we have set up the feeds to display on the home page using the K2 Content Module, which shows an introtext and a "read more" for the first batch of feeds.
Our challenge has been finding a solution to exclude those feeds from site search results. In a way, the enhanced search capabilities of Joomla 2.5 work a little too well, since indexing the site content makes internal searches extremely accurate and thorough. Displaying news feeds in search results is obviously counterproductive since those links will take visitors off-site. There were some other issues with the default search due in part to the very complex nature of the site functionality (several hundreds of K2 items, Community Builder with all the bells and whistles, Kunena, etc.).
Judging from the threads in K2 and Joomla forums, there is widespread demand for some kind of K2 category exclusion feature. Our solution requires adding one line of code. Here's how we did it.
Demand for our web design, Joomla development, and SEO services continues to grow in 2015. In the first quarter of 2015, we have designed, built and launched a number of projects for clients across, including:
Mobile App for Minnesota Bio-Fuels Association:
This app (Android and iOS) provides search windows for users to look for and navigate to gas stations across Minnesota that provide bio-fuels (E15, E30, E85 and blends). The app integrates with the native Google Maps and Apple Maps mobile functions so that users have turn-by-turn itineraries and voice dirextion options.
Web Design and Joomla 3.x development site for Elmwood Properties
This project includes design of a new rotating image slider with animated layers of indexable content, conversion of large, complex PDF forms to digital, integration of Google maps with property listings and SEO of the entire site in a very competitive niche.
Web Design @ Minneapolis
There is tremendous opportunity for web design and development in the Twin Cities (Minneapolis - St. Paul) - and tremendous competition as well. The Twin Cities are amajor hub for web design firms of all types and sizes, from the very large (Digital River) to medium (August Ash) to small (well - Concerto Designs, for one!), from enterprise solutions to heavy Flash development (e.g. Sierra Bravo) and everything in between.
Concerto Designs has thrived in this environment because we offer a focused, efficient approach to providing a unique product model.
Let's start with our product: although we have experience building web sites in a wide range of platforms, ( Drupal, Wordpress, Magento, X-Cart, DNN, and others), we focus above all on providing complete, turnkey solutions using our optimized configurations of the Joomla CMS platform. By turnkey solutions, we mean everything necessary for a well-functioning, optimized, beautifully designed, hand-coded and content-rich web site. We stress content because we know that content is the most valuable - and challenging - asset in developing an effective digital presence.
We also offer flexible development plans that streamline production and costs.
For some businesses, this means a website that features daily specials, product updates, or e-commerce, for others it might involve downloadable brochures, email campaigns with newsletters, blogs, bulletin boards to handle FAQs, or other dynamic content options. However you put your website to work, Joomla CMS allows you complete flexibility and control so that your website and your business grow together. By providing the web solutions that make the most sense for your company, we keep your costs down and your marketing focused. And with Joomla, you can always add new components later.
Content to Marketing: Joomla Helps You to Connect the Dots
Your web design gives your business a face – your content gives your business a voice.
And the best platform for shaping and broadcasting that voice is Joomla.
Well-written content that is crafted and published with Joomla's outstanding editorial tools lets your business and organizational goals come in loud and clear through search engines and social media. Our Joomla’s CMS (Content Management System) web sites provide multiple tools to manage all aspects of content development, publication, and optimization.
After years of developing Joomla sites for clients in the Twin Cities (Minneapolis and St. Paul, MN), South Carolina, and across the country, we have selected an array of extensions and tools that give your site the competitive edge it needs, including:
1. The JCE (Joomla Content Editor) lets you style content, spell-check, insert images, add links, embed pdfs and other attachments, add captions, and much more. No knowledge of html or coding is required at all. The full-featured editor panel lets you perform all editorial tasks easily and efficiently. Images can added directly into content from your desktop or laptop computer.
2. The K2 Content Creation Kit (CCK) brings in the best features of other platforms like Wordpress and Drupal into Joomla, including full-featured blogging capabilities, layout options that can be changed on the fly or varied from page to page, tagging, and extra fields that allow you to add customized maps, contact info, spreadsheet data, and much more.
3. Joomla’s flexible system of modules (typically used in side columns, dialogue boxes, text boxes, header, footers) provide visually rich, flexible snippets that broaden the scope of your messaging.
4. Joomla's built-in SEO (Search Engine Optimization) features allow you to manage search engine-friendly urls, page titles, metadata, and other structural elements critical to short- and long-term SEO campaigns. By responding quickly and efficiently to shifting visitor traffic and keyword patterns, you can propel your site's page ranking without having to pay expensive SEO consultants.
5. Frequently updated content scores better with search engines - and with repeat visitors. Joomla makes updating and adding content as easy as editing a word document. You choose how often to update modules, add new pages, blogs, specials, or news items. That’s good for search engine visibility, good for visitors and good for business.
Joomla makes managing content simple. With these tools you shape access and create trigger points for visitors to find your site’s most important information.
Before your site launches, we make sure you understand and can use all these Joomla tools.